Two cases of rape in Nagpur
Nagpur: Two cases of rape were registered in the city in a matter of 24 hours, police said.
In the first incident, a 32-year-old person allegedly raped a married woman, who is his distant relative, at her residence in Chandan Nagar here, police said.
The accused, Samuel alias Raju Arvind Deshpande, who works as a security guard, used to frequently visit the victim`s house located in the southern part of the city.
According to police, on Monday night, he went to the house of the 21-year-old victim, first gagged her and then raped her. The victim`s mother-in-law was at home when the incident took place.
The victim narrated the incident to her husband when he returned home, following which, the accused was caught and beaten up and was later handed over to police.
In the second incident, a 24-year-youth allegedly raped a 14 year-old girl under the pretext of marriage in Bhandewadi area in eastern part of city, police said.
The accused has been identified as Satish Bhagwan Singait and was arrested, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH