Two cases of rape in Nagpur
Nagpur: Two cases of rape were registered in the city in a matter of 24 hours, police said.
In the first incident, a 32-year-old person allegedly raped a married woman, who is his distant relative, at her residence in Chandan Nagar here, police said.
The accused, Samuel alias Raju Arvind Deshpande, who works as a security guard, used to frequently visit the victim`s house located in the southern part of the city.
According to police, on Monday night, he went to the house of the 21-year-old victim, first gagged her and then raped her. The victim`s mother-in-law was at home when the incident took place.
The victim narrated the incident to her husband when he returned home, following which, the accused was caught and beaten up and was later handed over to police.
In the second incident, a 24-year-youth allegedly raped a 14 year-old girl under the pretext of marriage in Bhandewadi area in eastern part of city, police said.
The accused has been identified as Satish Bhagwan Singait and was arrested, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog