Two civilians killed in Naxal attack
Nagpur: Two civilians were allegedly killed in a Naxal attack in Kurkheda taluka of Gadchiroli district, police said.
The incident took place on Friday in Charbatti area here, they said adding that bodies of both the victims were recovered from near a forest.
According to police, the deceased were identified as Madhukar Kapgate (41), a forest contractor from Kurkheda and Vinayak Lombhare (35), a resident of the Jambulkheda in Gadchiroli district.
After killing the duo, Naxals also threw some handbills, which mentioned that the deceased were extorting money from Forest Labour Society, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof