Two civilians killed in Naxal attack
Nagpur: Two civilians were allegedly killed in a Naxal attack in Kurkheda taluka of Gadchiroli district, police said.
The incident took place on Friday in Charbatti area here, they said adding that bodies of both the victims were recovered from near a forest.
According to police, the deceased were identified as Madhukar Kapgate (41), a forest contractor from Kurkheda and Vinayak Lombhare (35), a resident of the Jambulkheda in Gadchiroli district.
After killing the duo, Naxals also threw some handbills, which mentioned that the deceased were extorting money from Forest Labour Society, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!