Two civilians killed in Naxal attack
Nagpur: Two civilians were allegedly killed in a Naxal attack in Kurkheda taluka of Gadchiroli district, police said.
The incident took place on Friday in Charbatti area here, they said adding that bodies of both the victims were recovered from near a forest.
According to police, the deceased were identified as Madhukar Kapgate (41), a forest contractor from Kurkheda and Vinayak Lombhare (35), a resident of the Jambulkheda in Gadchiroli district.
After killing the duo, Naxals also threw some handbills, which mentioned that the deceased were extorting money from Forest Labour Society, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'