Two civilians killed in Naxal attack
Nagpur: Two civilians were allegedly killed in a Naxal attack in Kurkheda taluka of Gadchiroli district, police said.
The incident took place on Friday in Charbatti area here, they said adding that bodies of both the victims were recovered from near a forest.
According to police, the deceased were identified as Madhukar Kapgate (41), a forest contractor from Kurkheda and Vinayak Lombhare (35), a resident of the Jambulkheda in Gadchiroli district.
After killing the duo, Naxals also threw some handbills, which mentioned that the deceased were extorting money from Forest Labour Society, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Fish oil during pregnancy may not shield kids from obesity
- Sachin Tendulkar fans fume after Kumar Sangakkara omits 'God of Cricket' from all-time XI
- China to feel Brexit effects, yuan to weaken against dollar: JP Morgan
- As Central India faces drought, violence and murders on the rise over water
- Baby boom! Teejay Sidhu and Karanvir Bohra to become parents for the first time