Two cops among five awarded lifer in murder case
Nagpur: A local court has awarded life imprisonment to five persons, including two police constables, attached to the city police, for the murder of 26-year-old youth over a property dispute in August 2010.
Awarding the sentence yesterday, the District and Sessions Judge V P Ingle held Shashi Sushilkumar Shukla (31), his brother Shailesh (30), who were in the police department at the time of crime, guilty of brutal killing of Ashish Kalicharan Dubey.
Vipin (26), Bulund Shrikant Mishra (21) and Rakesh Harekrishna Meshram (20) are three other convicts in the case.
However, the court acquitted three others, including retired PSI Sushil Kumar Shukla (56), father of convicted duo Shashi and Shailesh, Dheeraj Sheshrao Gawande (19) and Pramod Mishra, for want of sufficient corroborative evidences.
According to the prosecution, the victim was stabbed to death by the accused near a travel company office over some property dispute in Ingole Layout in the northern part of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India