Two cops among five awarded lifer in murder case
Nagpur: A local court has awarded life imprisonment to five persons, including two police constables, attached to the city police, for the murder of 26-year-old youth over a property dispute in August 2010.
Awarding the sentence yesterday, the District and Sessions Judge V P Ingle held Shashi Sushilkumar Shukla (31), his brother Shailesh (30), who were in the police department at the time of crime, guilty of brutal killing of Ashish Kalicharan Dubey.
Vipin (26), Bulund Shrikant Mishra (21) and Rakesh Harekrishna Meshram (20) are three other convicts in the case.
However, the court acquitted three others, including retired PSI Sushil Kumar Shukla (56), father of convicted duo Shashi and Shailesh, Dheeraj Sheshrao Gawande (19) and Pramod Mishra, for want of sufficient corroborative evidences.
According to the prosecution, the victim was stabbed to death by the accused near a travel company office over some property dispute in Ingole Layout in the northern part of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley