Two cops among five awarded lifer in murder case
Nagpur: A local court has awarded life imprisonment to five persons, including two police constables, attached to the city police, for the murder of 26-year-old youth over a property dispute in August 2010.
Awarding the sentence yesterday, the District and Sessions Judge V P Ingle held Shashi Sushilkumar Shukla (31), his brother Shailesh (30), who were in the police department at the time of crime, guilty of brutal killing of Ashish Kalicharan Dubey.
Vipin (26), Bulund Shrikant Mishra (21) and Rakesh Harekrishna Meshram (20) are three other convicts in the case.
However, the court acquitted three others, including retired PSI Sushil Kumar Shukla (56), father of convicted duo Shashi and Shailesh, Dheeraj Sheshrao Gawande (19) and Pramod Mishra, for want of sufficient corroborative evidences.
According to the prosecution, the victim was stabbed to death by the accused near a travel company office over some property dispute in Ingole Layout in the northern part of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez