Two-day-old girl found abandoned in gunny bag
Yavatmal: A two-day-old girl, allegedly dumped by her mother, was found in a closed gunny bag near Pus river in Umarkhed town here and is now battling for her life at a hospital, police said.
A call was received from a farmer yesterday that wails of a baby could be heard from a closed gunny bag lying near the river`s canal, following which police rushed to the spot and recovered her.
The newborn was admitted to the Government Rural hospital in Umarkhed for first aid, but was later shifted to Nanded government medical college, where her condition is serious, sub-divisional police officer Pusad Jagdev Akhare said.
"We have registered an offence against the missing mother but could not trace her so far," Akhare said, adding that police suspect that the woman abandoned the baby as she might have been born out of wedlock.
Meanwhile, sitting MLA from Umarkhed, Vijay Khadse, BJP Yuva Morcha state executive member, Nitin Bhutada, District Collector Ashvin Mudgal and other senior district officials visited the hospital where she is admitted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them