Two-day-old girl found abandoned in gunny bag
Yavatmal: A two-day-old girl, allegedly dumped by her mother, was found in a closed gunny bag near Pus river in Umarkhed town here and is now battling for her life at a hospital, police said.
A call was received from a farmer yesterday that wails of a baby could be heard from a closed gunny bag lying near the river`s canal, following which police rushed to the spot and recovered her.
The newborn was admitted to the Government Rural hospital in Umarkhed for first aid, but was later shifted to Nanded government medical college, where her condition is serious, sub-divisional police officer Pusad Jagdev Akhare said.
"We have registered an offence against the missing mother but could not trace her so far," Akhare said, adding that police suspect that the woman abandoned the baby as she might have been born out of wedlock.
Meanwhile, sitting MLA from Umarkhed, Vijay Khadse, BJP Yuva Morcha state executive member, Nitin Bhutada, District Collector Ashvin Mudgal and other senior district officials visited the hospital where she is admitted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday