Two detained for snake bite deaths in Gondia
Gondia: Police on Friday detained two persons following the death of two tribal children of a government-run Ashram School allegedly due to snake bite.
Tomesh Bartu Thatmurra and Bhojraj Punau Marai (both aged 6) died reportedly after a poisonous snake bit them in the wee hours yesterday at Swami Ramkrishna Tribal Hostel, run by Krishna Sahyogi Tantra Shikshan Sanstha, an unaided educational institution, sources said.
Six other inmates of the hostel in Makardhokda village in this east Maharashtra district also suffered snake bite and are undergoing treatment
Police booked Zhamsingh Yerne, Secretary of the Sanstha, Manmohan Baraskar, Hostel Superintendent and H S Kore, a peon, under IPC Section 304-A (causing death by negligence). Police said they have taken Baraskar and Kore into custody, while Yerne has gone underground.
Though the school management claims all the inmates had become victims of snake bite, the locals say a snake doesn`t bite so many persons at one time and there may be some other reason for the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth