Two detained for snake bite deaths in Gondia
Gondia: Police on Friday detained two persons following the death of two tribal children of a government-run Ashram School allegedly due to snake bite.
Tomesh Bartu Thatmurra and Bhojraj Punau Marai (both aged 6) died reportedly after a poisonous snake bit them in the wee hours yesterday at Swami Ramkrishna Tribal Hostel, run by Krishna Sahyogi Tantra Shikshan Sanstha, an unaided educational institution, sources said.
Six other inmates of the hostel in Makardhokda village in this east Maharashtra district also suffered snake bite and are undergoing treatment
Police booked Zhamsingh Yerne, Secretary of the Sanstha, Manmohan Baraskar, Hostel Superintendent and H S Kore, a peon, under IPC Section 304-A (causing death by negligence). Police said they have taken Baraskar and Kore into custody, while Yerne has gone underground.
Though the school management claims all the inmates had become victims of snake bite, the locals say a snake doesn`t bite so many persons at one time and there may be some other reason for the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Subramanian Swamy fires fresh salvo at Raghuram Rajan, claims he has no degree in economics
- Dwayne Bravo all set to make singing debut in Bollywood! - Details inside
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage likely to be launched today
- Subramanian Swamy's piece of advice to Rahul Gandhi - Quit politics to save Congress future
- Strong Indo-US ties to strengthen both economies: White House