Two detained for snake bite deaths in Gondia
Gondia: Police on Friday detained two persons following the death of two tribal children of a government-run Ashram School allegedly due to snake bite.
Tomesh Bartu Thatmurra and Bhojraj Punau Marai (both aged 6) died reportedly after a poisonous snake bit them in the wee hours yesterday at Swami Ramkrishna Tribal Hostel, run by Krishna Sahyogi Tantra Shikshan Sanstha, an unaided educational institution, sources said.
Six other inmates of the hostel in Makardhokda village in this east Maharashtra district also suffered snake bite and are undergoing treatment
Police booked Zhamsingh Yerne, Secretary of the Sanstha, Manmohan Baraskar, Hostel Superintendent and H S Kore, a peon, under IPC Section 304-A (causing death by negligence). Police said they have taken Baraskar and Kore into custody, while Yerne has gone underground.
Though the school management claims all the inmates had become victims of snake bite, the locals say a snake doesn`t bite so many persons at one time and there may be some other reason for the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it