Gondia: Police on Friday detained two persons following the death of two tribal children of a government-run Ashram School allegedly due to snake bite.
Tomesh Bartu Thatmurra and Bhojraj Punau Marai (both aged 6) died reportedly after a poisonous snake bit them in the wee hours yesterday at Swami Ramkrishna Tribal Hostel, run by Krishna Sahyogi Tantra Shikshan Sanstha, an unaided educational institution, sources said.
Six other inmates of the hostel in Makardhokda village in this east Maharashtra district also suffered snake bite and are undergoing treatment
Police booked Zhamsingh Yerne, Secretary of the Sanstha, Manmohan Baraskar, Hostel Superintendent and H S Kore, a peon, under IPC Section 304-A (causing death by negligence). Police said they have taken Baraskar and Kore into custody, while Yerne has gone underground.
Though the school management claims all the inmates had become victims of snake bite, the locals say a snake doesn`t bite so many persons at one time and there may be some other reason for the incident.