Two die as luxury bus overturns in Maharashtra
Ratnagiri (Maharashtra): At least two people were killed and 18 injured Friday when a luxury bus overturned on the busy Mumbai-Goa highway here, police said.
HD Garate, a police official, said the luxury bus was going from Mumbai to Angnewadi area when the accident took place on the NH-17, which is considered highly accident-prone.
"Around 5.30 am today (Friday), the bus attempted to overtake another vehicle and suddenly overturned, falling beside the highway," Garate said.
The two dead are Laxmi V. Ghanekar, 50, and Anuradha A. Sawant, 24, both hailing from Sion-Koliwada in Mumbai, he said.
Among the injured passengers, the condition of at least two was reported to be serious.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory