Two die as luxury bus overturns in Maharashtra
Ratnagiri (Maharashtra): At least two people were killed and 18 injured Friday when a luxury bus overturned on the busy Mumbai-Goa highway here, police said.
HD Garate, a police official, said the luxury bus was going from Mumbai to Angnewadi area when the accident took place on the NH-17, which is considered highly accident-prone.
"Around 5.30 am today (Friday), the bus attempted to overtake another vehicle and suddenly overturned, falling beside the highway," Garate said.
The two dead are Laxmi V. Ghanekar, 50, and Anuradha A. Sawant, 24, both hailing from Sion-Koliwada in Mumbai, he said.
Among the injured passengers, the condition of at least two was reported to be serious.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls