Two fraudsters held for faking property ownership documents
Nashik: The police arrested a 42-year-old professor called Adinath Nagargoje, a resident of Chaitanya Nagar and Vilas Madhukar Pathak on Friday, for allegedly preparing ownership documents of plots and cheating real owners of plots by making false claims, the police said.
According to a complaint lodged with the Gangapur Road police station by plot owners Subodh Bhagurkar and Raosaheb Patil, the duo made bogus ownership documents of their plots on Rs 100 stamp papers and claimed that they were the original owners.
The victims were allegedly asked to vacate rights over their plots.
The duo have been remanded to police custody after being produced in a local court yesterday, the police said.
The accused used to prepare bogus documents of properties and demanding lakhs of rupees from landlords after claiming that they are the original owners, the police said, adding that another accused in the same racket is absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie