Two get life imprisonment for raping minor girl, making MMS
Mumbai: A sessions court on Thursday convicted two youths for raping a 16-year-old girl in 2011 and making video clip of the incident, and sentenced them to life imprisonment.
Out of the five accused in the case, three are minors who are facing the separate trial before a juvenile court.
The accused Rajesh Jaiswal and Suraj Nepali- both 21--were convicted under section 376 of IPC for rape.
According to prosecution, the incident happened on May 10, 2011 when the girl was returning home from the famous Siddhivinayak temple along with her five friends (the accused).
Police said the group decided to spend some time in the hillocks of Kurar village in suburban Mumbai before returning home.
The prosecution said the accused drugged the girl after reaching the spot and took turns to sexually assault her.
The accused filmed the act and made an MMS clip to threaten the girl against disclosing the matter.
However, the incident came to light in July 2011 after the clipping was leaked.
The prosecution examined seven witnesses in the case, however, what nailed the accused was the testimony given by the survivor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best