Two held in Metro rail bridge collapse case
Mumbai: A site engineer and supervisor involved in the construction of a Metro rail bridge in suburban Andheri, have been arrested, after a section of the bridge collapsed on Tuesday killing a labourer and injuring 16 others, police said on Friday.
Sachin Valvekar (29), engineer for Hindustan Construction Company and Kalicharan Patra (53), supervisor from Narendra Constructions, have been arrested yesterday, said a police officer at Sahar airport police station.
After the mishap, the site engineer, supervisor and others were booked under IPC Sections 304A for causing death due to negligence, 337 for causing hurt and 338 for causing grievous hurt by an act endangering life and personal safety of others, police added.
This part of the overhead Metro rail bridge is on the crowded Andheri-Kurla road that leads to the airport.
The collapsed bridge is part of the much-delayed 12-km Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar corridor of the Mumbai Metro.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued