Two injured in clash at Thane
Thane: Two persons were injured after two groups of picnickers allegedly clashed with each other over some petty issue here, police said on Monday.
Two groups, said to be from Nashik, had come to the Tungar naka in Mokhada taluka of Thane district for a picnic late last evening and some of them were inebriated.
They clashed with each other over some petty issue and one of the group members also allegedly fired in air and smashed a couple of cars in the area.
Two persons sustained injuries in the clash and were rushed to the Civil hospital at Nashik.
Police have registered an offence under sections 307 (attempt to murder) and 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention) of the IPC against the groups while further investigation was on.
No one has been arrested so far in connection with the incident, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway