Two jeweller brothers strangulated to death in Thane
Thane: Two jeweller brothers were allegedly strangled to death by unidentified persons at their home in the wee hours of Tuesday in Nalla Sopara town in Thane, police said.
Dinesh Narayan Sonik Mandora (27) and Madan Narayan Sonik Mandora (41), who owned a shop named Dinesh Jewellers in the town, were found dead this morning by a relative who came to visit them, Inspector Mukund Mahajan of Nalla Sopara police station said.
The assailants seemed to have broken into the house through grills and strangulated both the brothers with plastic straps, Mahajan said.
The exact cause behind the killings is still not known and police suspect it to be a case of rivalry as no theft took place at the house.
Police have registered an offence under IPC section 302 (Punishment for murder). The bodies have been sent for postmortem and a hunt was on for the killers, Mahajan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich attack: Facebook activates safety check tool
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- Blue hues to die for! Sonakshi Sinha is basking under Maldives sun- See pic
- Types of HIV carried by chimps can infect humans: Study
- NASA’s SDO captures bursts of solar material from the Sun- Watch