Two jeweller brothers strangulated to death in Thane
Thane: Two jeweller brothers were allegedly strangled to death by unidentified persons at their home in the wee hours of Tuesday in Nalla Sopara town in Thane, police said.
Dinesh Narayan Sonik Mandora (27) and Madan Narayan Sonik Mandora (41), who owned a shop named Dinesh Jewellers in the town, were found dead this morning by a relative who came to visit them, Inspector Mukund Mahajan of Nalla Sopara police station said.
The assailants seemed to have broken into the house through grills and strangulated both the brothers with plastic straps, Mahajan said.
The exact cause behind the killings is still not known and police suspect it to be a case of rivalry as no theft took place at the house.
Police have registered an offence under IPC section 302 (Punishment for murder). The bodies have been sent for postmortem and a hunt was on for the killers, Mahajan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA