Two jeweller brothers strangulated to death in Thane
Thane: Two jeweller brothers were allegedly strangled to death by unidentified persons at their home in the wee hours of Tuesday in Nalla Sopara town in Thane, police said.
Dinesh Narayan Sonik Mandora (27) and Madan Narayan Sonik Mandora (41), who owned a shop named Dinesh Jewellers in the town, were found dead this morning by a relative who came to visit them, Inspector Mukund Mahajan of Nalla Sopara police station said.
The assailants seemed to have broken into the house through grills and strangulated both the brothers with plastic straps, Mahajan said.
The exact cause behind the killings is still not known and police suspect it to be a case of rivalry as no theft took place at the house.
Police have registered an offence under IPC section 302 (Punishment for murder). The bodies have been sent for postmortem and a hunt was on for the killers, Mahajan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?