Two jeweller brothers strangulated to death in Thane
Thane: Two jeweller brothers were allegedly strangled to death by unidentified persons at their home in the wee hours of Tuesday in Nalla Sopara town in Thane, police said.
Dinesh Narayan Sonik Mandora (27) and Madan Narayan Sonik Mandora (41), who owned a shop named Dinesh Jewellers in the town, were found dead this morning by a relative who came to visit them, Inspector Mukund Mahajan of Nalla Sopara police station said.
The assailants seemed to have broken into the house through grills and strangulated both the brothers with plastic straps, Mahajan said.
The exact cause behind the killings is still not known and police suspect it to be a case of rivalry as no theft took place at the house.
Police have registered an offence under IPC section 302 (Punishment for murder). The bodies have been sent for postmortem and a hunt was on for the killers, Mahajan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list