Two killed as rains lash Saurashtra
Rajkot: Two persons were killed while two
others were injured in separate incidents as lightning struck them following heavy rains in Saurashtra region of Gujarat, police said Thursday.
Jesingh Heera Sosa (40) was killed on the spot last
evening when lightning struck him in Kodinar town of Junagadh district police said.
In another incident, Ketan Chohaliya (25) was repairing
his roof when the mishap occurred in Jasdan town of Rajkot
district, police said. He was rushed to a nearby hospital
but declared dead.
While two women -- Soni Bhaliya (30) and Ganga Bhaliya
(27)-- sustained serious burn injuries after being struck by
lightning in Una town of Junagadh district, police said.
The two were rushed to nearby hospital under critical
condition, they said.
The entire Saurashtra region received rainfall upto 77 mm
last night, sources said adding Manavadar of Porbander
received 77 mm rainfall followed by Mendarda (26mm), Kukavav
(24mm), Jamjodhpur (27mm) and Jasdan (57mm).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state