Two killed, four injured in Mumbai hit-and-run case
Mumbai: Two people were killed in a hit-and-run case in the city`s suburban Bandra on Wednesday after the driver lost control and crashed his car into six people, police said.
"Two people - a motorcycle rider and the driver of an autorickshaw - died on the spot, while four others were injured and are being treated at a nearby hospital," a police official said.
The Honda Accord also crashed into two other cars, an autorickshaw and two motorcycles that were coming from the opposite directing on an arterial road. The driver was allegedly driving on the wrong side of the road.
Those killed have been identified as Mahesh Ajwani and Balakrishna Rane.
Zonal Deputy Commissioner of Police Pratap Dighavkar said the driver was later intercepted. He might be charged under Section 304 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) for rash driving and culpable homicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- WATCH! Dwayne Bravo bowls last ball of the match to MS Dhoni – This is what happened next
- 12 coaches of Thiruvananthapuram-Mangalore train derail in Kerala
- Hilarious: Sonakshi Sinha trolls Air India pilot on Snapchat! - Know why
- Curfew, restrictions continue in Kashmir Valley for 51st day
- Is Ramdev coming up with world-class varsity near Delhi like University of Houston?