Two killed, four injured in Mumbai hit-and-run case
Mumbai: Two people were killed in a hit-and-run case in the city`s suburban Bandra on Wednesday after the driver lost control and crashed his car into six people, police said.
"Two people - a motorcycle rider and the driver of an autorickshaw - died on the spot, while four others were injured and are being treated at a nearby hospital," a police official said.
The Honda Accord also crashed into two other cars, an autorickshaw and two motorcycles that were coming from the opposite directing on an arterial road. The driver was allegedly driving on the wrong side of the road.
Those killed have been identified as Mahesh Ajwani and Balakrishna Rane.
Zonal Deputy Commissioner of Police Pratap Dighavkar said the driver was later intercepted. He might be charged under Section 304 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) for rash driving and culpable homicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred