Two killed, four injured in Mumbai hit-and-run case
Mumbai: Two people were killed in a hit-and-run case in the city`s suburban Bandra on Wednesday after the driver lost control and crashed his car into six people, police said.
"Two people - a motorcycle rider and the driver of an autorickshaw - died on the spot, while four others were injured and are being treated at a nearby hospital," a police official said.
The Honda Accord also crashed into two other cars, an autorickshaw and two motorcycles that were coming from the opposite directing on an arterial road. The driver was allegedly driving on the wrong side of the road.
Those killed have been identified as Mahesh Ajwani and Balakrishna Rane.
Zonal Deputy Commissioner of Police Pratap Dighavkar said the driver was later intercepted. He might be charged under Section 304 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) for rash driving and culpable homicide.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents