Two killed, four injured in Mumbai hit-and-run case
Mumbai: Two people were killed in a hit-and-run case in the city`s suburban Bandra on Wednesday after the driver lost control and crashed his car into six people, police said.
"Two people - a motorcycle rider and the driver of an autorickshaw - died on the spot, while four others were injured and are being treated at a nearby hospital," a police official said.
The Honda Accord also crashed into two other cars, an autorickshaw and two motorcycles that were coming from the opposite directing on an arterial road. The driver was allegedly driving on the wrong side of the road.
Those killed have been identified as Mahesh Ajwani and Balakrishna Rane.
Zonal Deputy Commissioner of Police Pratap Dighavkar said the driver was later intercepted. He might be charged under Section 304 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) for rash driving and culpable homicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!