Two killed, four injured in Mumbai hit-and-run case
Mumbai: Two people were killed in a hit-and-run case in the city`s suburban Bandra on Wednesday after the driver lost control and crashed his car into six people, police said.
"Two people - a motorcycle rider and the driver of an autorickshaw - died on the spot, while four others were injured and are being treated at a nearby hospital," a police official said.
The Honda Accord also crashed into two other cars, an autorickshaw and two motorcycles that were coming from the opposite directing on an arterial road. The driver was allegedly driving on the wrong side of the road.
Those killed have been identified as Mahesh Ajwani and Balakrishna Rane.
Zonal Deputy Commissioner of Police Pratap Dighavkar said the driver was later intercepted. He might be charged under Section 304 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) for rash driving and culpable homicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users