Two killed in chemical factory explosion in Thane
Thane: Two persons were killed and seven others injured in an explosion at a chemical factory at Ambernath in the district on Tuesday, officials said.
The mishap occurred around 1:30 pm, triggering a major fire at the unit, they said.
According to a Disaster Control official, the owner of the unit, located in the industrial area, identified as S Narayan was one of the victims.
Fire was contained after five hours by around twelve fire engines, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand