Two killed in chemical factory explosion in Thane
Thane: Two persons were killed and seven others injured in an explosion at a chemical factory at Ambernath in the district on Tuesday, officials said.
The mishap occurred around 1:30 pm, triggering a major fire at the unit, they said.
According to a Disaster Control official, the owner of the unit, located in the industrial area, identified as S Narayan was one of the victims.
Fire was contained after five hours by around twelve fire engines, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- D-St gives thumbs up to 2 years of Modi govt: Sensex tops 26,600-mark; Nifty above 8,100-level
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, Class X Results 2016 (cbse.nic.in) to be declared on May 30 not today on May 27 or May 28
- Whoa! Kareena Kapoor Khan gets bigger role in Sonam Kapoor's 'Veera Di Shaadi'?
- Faux pas: Ghaziabad cops verify Rahul Gandhi as a driver residing in Indirapuram
- 'Naagin' should have second season: Arjun Bijlani