Two Marathi actors killed in road accident
Pune: Two eminent Marathi film and television actors were killed when their car met with an accident on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, police said Monday.
The car of actors - Anand Abhyankar and Akshay Pendse - who were on way to Mumbai last night, collided with a Pune- bound tempo which lost control and crashed into the lane divider, they said.
Both the actors were declared dead at a hospital where they were rushed to after the accident.
The duo were a part of many popular television serials including `Mala Sasoo Havi`.
Abhyankar had starred in several Marathi films like `Spandan`, `Vastav`, `Pappa Sanga Kunache`, `Matichya Chuli`, `Balgandharva` and also performed in play `Kurtyat Sada Tingalam`.
Pendse acted in a few movies including `Kai Dyayche Bola`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore