Two Marathi actors killed in road accident
Pune: Two eminent Marathi film and television actors were killed when their car met with an accident on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, police said Monday.
The car of actors - Anand Abhyankar and Akshay Pendse - who were on way to Mumbai last night, collided with a Pune- bound tempo which lost control and crashed into the lane divider, they said.
Both the actors were declared dead at a hospital where they were rushed to after the accident.
The duo were a part of many popular television serials including `Mala Sasoo Havi`.
Abhyankar had starred in several Marathi films like `Spandan`, `Vastav`, `Pappa Sanga Kunache`, `Matichya Chuli`, `Balgandharva` and also performed in play `Kurtyat Sada Tingalam`.
Pendse acted in a few movies including `Kai Dyayche Bola`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly