Two Marathi actors killed in road accident
Pune: Two eminent Marathi film and television actors were killed when their car met with an accident on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, police said Monday.
The car of actors - Anand Abhyankar and Akshay Pendse - who were on way to Mumbai last night, collided with a Pune- bound tempo which lost control and crashed into the lane divider, they said.
Both the actors were declared dead at a hospital where they were rushed to after the accident.
The duo were a part of many popular television serials including `Mala Sasoo Havi`.
Abhyankar had starred in several Marathi films like `Spandan`, `Vastav`, `Pappa Sanga Kunache`, `Matichya Chuli`, `Balgandharva` and also performed in play `Kurtyat Sada Tingalam`.
Pendse acted in a few movies including `Kai Dyayche Bola`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users