Two minor girls raped in separate cases in Maharashtra
Thane: Two minor girls were raped in two separate incidents in the district, police said on Friday.
A four-and-a-half year old girl was sexually assaulted by a 21-year-old man identified as Sohanlal Gauram, who has been arrested by police.
According to police, Gauram had spotted the girl playing outside her house in Parshan Kata locality of Boisar yesterday. He then lured her with a chocolate and then took her to his room and allegedly raped her there.
In another incident, a 14-year-old girl, who works at a brick kiln at Talonda of Bhiwandi tehsil, was allegedly sexually assaulted by Kamlakar Jadhav, 30, police said.
Jadhav offered toddy to the victim and then took her to a nearby farm, where he raped her last night.
The accused is absconding and an offence has been registered with Ganeshpuri police station in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves