Two minor girls raped in separate cases in Maharashtra
Thane: Two minor girls were raped in two separate incidents in the district, police said on Friday.
A four-and-a-half year old girl was sexually assaulted by a 21-year-old man identified as Sohanlal Gauram, who has been arrested by police.
According to police, Gauram had spotted the girl playing outside her house in Parshan Kata locality of Boisar yesterday. He then lured her with a chocolate and then took her to his room and allegedly raped her there.
In another incident, a 14-year-old girl, who works at a brick kiln at Talonda of Bhiwandi tehsil, was allegedly sexually assaulted by Kamlakar Jadhav, 30, police said.
Jadhav offered toddy to the victim and then took her to a nearby farm, where he raped her last night.
The accused is absconding and an offence has been registered with Ganeshpuri police station in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'