Two minor girls raped in separate cases in Maharashtra
Thane: Two minor girls were raped in two separate incidents in the district, police said on Friday.
A four-and-a-half year old girl was sexually assaulted by a 21-year-old man identified as Sohanlal Gauram, who has been arrested by police.
According to police, Gauram had spotted the girl playing outside her house in Parshan Kata locality of Boisar yesterday. He then lured her with a chocolate and then took her to his room and allegedly raped her there.
In another incident, a 14-year-old girl, who works at a brick kiln at Talonda of Bhiwandi tehsil, was allegedly sexually assaulted by Kamlakar Jadhav, 30, police said.
Jadhav offered toddy to the victim and then took her to a nearby farm, where he raped her last night.
The accused is absconding and an offence has been registered with Ganeshpuri police station in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Bid goodbye to frizzy hair this monsoon
- Xiaomi Mi Max smartphone, MIUI 8 to be launched today
- Amit Shah questions circumstances behind Syama Prasad Mookerjee's death, accuses Nehru of historic blunder on J&K issue
- SHAMEFUL! Hindu journalist in Pakistan forced to drink from separate glass in office as Muslims raise objections
- Be ready to tackle floods, Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik's message to administration