Two minors killed in Mumbai temple wall collapse
Mumbai: Two minors were crushed to death when a temple`s compound wall collapsed here Sunday, an official said.
The incident took place at the Vishweshwar Temple in Chembur area of northeast Mumbai around 3.30 p.m. when the children, a boy and a girl, were walking past, said an official of Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation`s (BMC) Disaster Control Room.
The wall suddenly came crashing down on Anjali A Mhaske, 7, and Vishal S.Vagule, 8, killing them instantly, the official said.
The cause of the collapse of the wall, on which the temple`s main hoarding was fitted, is not yet known.
Their bodies were taken to the nearby Shatabdi Hospital by police even as hundreds of people gathered at the scene of the tragedy.
Police deployed tight security in Khardev Nagar area, where the temple is located, to prevent any untoward incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH