Two minors killed in Mumbai temple wall collapse
Mumbai: Two minors were crushed to death when a temple`s compound wall collapsed here Sunday, an official said.
The incident took place at the Vishweshwar Temple in Chembur area of northeast Mumbai around 3.30 p.m. when the children, a boy and a girl, were walking past, said an official of Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation`s (BMC) Disaster Control Room.
The wall suddenly came crashing down on Anjali A Mhaske, 7, and Vishal S.Vagule, 8, killing them instantly, the official said.
The cause of the collapse of the wall, on which the temple`s main hoarding was fitted, is not yet known.
Their bodies were taken to the nearby Shatabdi Hospital by police even as hundreds of people gathered at the scene of the tragedy.
Police deployed tight security in Khardev Nagar area, where the temple is located, to prevent any untoward incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack