Two minors killed in Mumbai temple wall collapse
Mumbai: Two minors were crushed to death when a temple`s compound wall collapsed here Sunday, an official said.
The incident took place at the Vishweshwar Temple in Chembur area of northeast Mumbai around 3.30 p.m. when the children, a boy and a girl, were walking past, said an official of Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation`s (BMC) Disaster Control Room.
The wall suddenly came crashing down on Anjali A Mhaske, 7, and Vishal S.Vagule, 8, killing them instantly, the official said.
The cause of the collapse of the wall, on which the temple`s main hoarding was fitted, is not yet known.
Their bodies were taken to the nearby Shatabdi Hospital by police even as hundreds of people gathered at the scene of the tragedy.
Police deployed tight security in Khardev Nagar area, where the temple is located, to prevent any untoward incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof