Two more die of swine flu in Pune; toll rises to 66
Pune: The swine flu toll in the city rose
to 66 with two more persons succumbing to the virus, health
officials said on Saturday.
The latest casualties were identified as Kasarbai
Londhe (48) and Vikas Pramanik (27), Ashok Mehta, Joint
Director, State Health Department, said.
Ten fresh cases of the deadly virus have also been
reported and the number of critical patients was put at seven
by hospital authorities.
Pune, which reported India`s first swine flu death on
August 3, is worst hit by the virus in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender