Two murdered in separate incidents
Mumbai: In two separate incidents in the city, a 26-year-old was today allegedly murdered by four neighbours due to personal enmity, while an unidentified man was found stabbed to death.
Amit Urdagade (26), a resident of Bhatwadi in suburban Ghatkopar was found with his throat slit in the wee hours near a temple close to his residence.
The police said Urdagade usually sleeps at the temple every night and this morning he was found lying in a pool of blood near the temple.
The Ghatkopar police has registered a murder case against four young men from his locality, with whom Urdagade was said to have had a personal enmity.
The victim used to work for a pharmaceutical company and stayed with his parents in Bhatwadi.
In the second incident, a man, believed to be around 25-35 years of age, was spotted in a pool of blood by a constable of Railway Protection Force in the railway yard at about 9 am, police said.
The RPF constable immediately notified the cops at NM Joshi Marg police station, who rushed to the spot and found the victim with multiple stab injuries.
"There are several injuries on the victim`s body. The victim`s throat was also slit. He might have been murdered at least 12 hours before," senior inspector Sudhakar Ghagare said.
The victim`s T-shirt had the mark of a tailor who is from Bhiwandi area of neighbouring Thane district, police said, adding that, they are "working on this clue to find out the identity of the victim and trace the accused."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble