Two murdered in separate incidents
Mumbai: In two separate incidents in the city, a 26-year-old was today allegedly murdered by four neighbours due to personal enmity, while an unidentified man was found stabbed to death.
Amit Urdagade (26), a resident of Bhatwadi in suburban Ghatkopar was found with his throat slit in the wee hours near a temple close to his residence.
The police said Urdagade usually sleeps at the temple every night and this morning he was found lying in a pool of blood near the temple.
The Ghatkopar police has registered a murder case against four young men from his locality, with whom Urdagade was said to have had a personal enmity.
The victim used to work for a pharmaceutical company and stayed with his parents in Bhatwadi.
In the second incident, a man, believed to be around 25-35 years of age, was spotted in a pool of blood by a constable of Railway Protection Force in the railway yard at about 9 am, police said.
The RPF constable immediately notified the cops at NM Joshi Marg police station, who rushed to the spot and found the victim with multiple stab injuries.
"There are several injuries on the victim`s body. The victim`s throat was also slit. He might have been murdered at least 12 hours before," senior inspector Sudhakar Ghagare said.
The victim`s T-shirt had the mark of a tailor who is from Bhiwandi area of neighbouring Thane district, police said, adding that, they are "working on this clue to find out the identity of the victim and trace the accused."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference