Two murdered in separate incidents
Mumbai: In two separate incidents in the city, a 26-year-old was today allegedly murdered by four neighbours due to personal enmity, while an unidentified man was found stabbed to death.
Amit Urdagade (26), a resident of Bhatwadi in suburban Ghatkopar was found with his throat slit in the wee hours near a temple close to his residence.
The police said Urdagade usually sleeps at the temple every night and this morning he was found lying in a pool of blood near the temple.
The Ghatkopar police has registered a murder case against four young men from his locality, with whom Urdagade was said to have had a personal enmity.
The victim used to work for a pharmaceutical company and stayed with his parents in Bhatwadi.
In the second incident, a man, believed to be around 25-35 years of age, was spotted in a pool of blood by a constable of Railway Protection Force in the railway yard at about 9 am, police said.
The RPF constable immediately notified the cops at NM Joshi Marg police station, who rushed to the spot and found the victim with multiple stab injuries.
"There are several injuries on the victim`s body. The victim`s throat was also slit. He might have been murdered at least 12 hours before," senior inspector Sudhakar Ghagare said.
The victim`s T-shirt had the mark of a tailor who is from Bhiwandi area of neighbouring Thane district, police said, adding that, they are "working on this clue to find out the identity of the victim and trace the accused."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing