Two naxals held in Gadchiroli; booked under UAPA
Nagpur: Two Naxals were arrested in Etapalli town of Gadchiroli district in Maharashtra when they were collecting money apparently to fund their activities, police said on Saturday.
The Naxals, identified as Sunil Yeshu Hichami (27) and Paika Maji Pungati (45), were apprehended yesterday from the market of Etapalli town when they were collecting money. Both have been booked them under sections 39 and 40 of Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA), they said.
Police also apprehended two persons from the village on suspicion of being Maoist sympathisers but later let them off after questioning, Gadchiroli Additional SP Rahul Srirame told.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state