Two naxals held in Gadchiroli; booked under UAPA
Nagpur: Two Naxals were arrested in Etapalli town of Gadchiroli district in Maharashtra when they were collecting money apparently to fund their activities, police said on Saturday.
The Naxals, identified as Sunil Yeshu Hichami (27) and Paika Maji Pungati (45), were apprehended yesterday from the market of Etapalli town when they were collecting money. Both have been booked them under sections 39 and 40 of Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA), they said.
Police also apprehended two persons from the village on suspicion of being Maoist sympathisers but later let them off after questioning, Gadchiroli Additional SP Rahul Srirame told.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Italy rescues around 1,100 migrants in Mediterranean
- Usain Bolt was poor, eating beef helped him win nine medals in Olympics: BJP MP Udit Raj
- After Gilgit, PoK and Balochistan, 'azaadi' slogans resonate in Pakistan's Sindh – Watch
- Gold price inches down on steady dollar, Fed rate hike remains on cards
- Curfew lifted from Kashmir after 51 days, restrictions continue in parts of Srinagar, Pulwama