Two panchayat samiti officials caught taking bribe in Jaipur
Jaipur: A 45-year-old woman was Thursday found murdered in a pool of blood in Viratnagar, a sub-urban town here, police said.
The body of Koilee Kumawat was found in a half naked state and the killers had hammered her head, they said.
Vasant Baban Waikar, deputy engineer working in Panchayat Samiti`s building and communication (B&C) department at Yeola in Nashik district, was caught yesterday when he accepted the bribe amount, an ACB release said.
He had demanded the money from a building-contractor to sanction his bill of Rs 5 lakh to construct a crematorium at Mouje-Ambegaon village in Yeola taluka, it said.
In another case, a branch engineer, Ravindra Raghunath Wadnere, working in the B&C office of Panchayat Samiti at Dhule, was also caught when he allegedly accepted Rs 21,000 bribe from a complainant for official favour in the house granted to him under the Indira Awas Yojana, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened