Two panchayat samiti officials caught taking bribe in Jaipur
Jaipur: A 45-year-old woman was Thursday found murdered in a pool of blood in Viratnagar, a sub-urban town here, police said.
The body of Koilee Kumawat was found in a half naked state and the killers had hammered her head, they said.
Vasant Baban Waikar, deputy engineer working in Panchayat Samiti`s building and communication (B&C) department at Yeola in Nashik district, was caught yesterday when he accepted the bribe amount, an ACB release said.
He had demanded the money from a building-contractor to sanction his bill of Rs 5 lakh to construct a crematorium at Mouje-Ambegaon village in Yeola taluka, it said.
In another case, a branch engineer, Ravindra Raghunath Wadnere, working in the B&C office of Panchayat Samiti at Dhule, was also caught when he allegedly accepted Rs 21,000 bribe from a complainant for official favour in the house granted to him under the Indira Awas Yojana, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender