Two people killed in Nagpur building collapse
Nagpur: Two labourers were killed and at least nine injured when a four-storied industrial building collapsed in Chikhli industrial area here, police said Tuesday.
The under-construction building housed a cold storage plant which collapsed late Monday, trapping the labourers working there.
The body of 50-year-old Samtaram Bharati was removed from the debris early Tuesday. Dilip Walde, 49, succumbed to his injuries later in Mayo General Hospital, a police official said.
Among the injured are two women and two minors who are being treated at the same hospital.
Relief and rescue work, currently under way to clear the rubble and search for more people who may be trapped, may continue for another two days, the official said.
The owner of the building, Pramod Khandelwal, is being questioned in the matter.
The plant machinery which was extensively damaged resulted in leakage of ammonium and carbon dioxide gases, which inconvenienced residents in the vicinity and hampered rescue operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family