Two people killed in Nagpur building collapse
Nagpur: Two labourers were killed and at least nine injured when a four-storied industrial building collapsed in Chikhli industrial area here, police said Tuesday.
The under-construction building housed a cold storage plant which collapsed late Monday, trapping the labourers working there.
The body of 50-year-old Samtaram Bharati was removed from the debris early Tuesday. Dilip Walde, 49, succumbed to his injuries later in Mayo General Hospital, a police official said.
Among the injured are two women and two minors who are being treated at the same hospital.
Relief and rescue work, currently under way to clear the rubble and search for more people who may be trapped, may continue for another two days, the official said.
The owner of the building, Pramod Khandelwal, is being questioned in the matter.
The plant machinery which was extensively damaged resulted in leakage of ammonium and carbon dioxide gases, which inconvenienced residents in the vicinity and hampered rescue operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets