Two people killed in Nagpur building collapse
Nagpur: Two labourers were killed and at least nine injured when a four-storied industrial building collapsed in Chikhli industrial area here, police said Tuesday.
The under-construction building housed a cold storage plant which collapsed late Monday, trapping the labourers working there.
The body of 50-year-old Samtaram Bharati was removed from the debris early Tuesday. Dilip Walde, 49, succumbed to his injuries later in Mayo General Hospital, a police official said.
Among the injured are two women and two minors who are being treated at the same hospital.
Relief and rescue work, currently under way to clear the rubble and search for more people who may be trapped, may continue for another two days, the official said.
The owner of the building, Pramod Khandelwal, is being questioned in the matter.
The plant machinery which was extensively damaged resulted in leakage of ammonium and carbon dioxide gases, which inconvenienced residents in the vicinity and hampered rescue operations.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists