Two policemen assaulted in Thane
Thane: Two police constables were seriously injured when they were allegedly attacked with sharp weapons by a notorious criminal and his family in Kalwa locality here, police said on Monday.
API PB Tupe of Kalwa police station said the two cops had last night gone to Pavan Pada to nab a criminal wanted in a case of house breaking and theft.
As soon as the duo -- AS Waghchoure 27, and Arun K Bhangar (26) reached the residence of accused Uttam Gaikwad (27), they were assaulted with knives, severely injuring them in the abdomen.
The wounded constables have been admitted to Prakruti Hospital at Kalwa and are said to be out of danger, police said.
Police have registered offences under sections 307, 323 rw 34 of the IPC against the accused, his wife Mathura (21) and two other women involved in the attack. A manhunt has been launched to nab them as they are absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test