Two policemen assaulted in Thane
Thane: Two police constables were seriously injured when they were allegedly attacked with sharp weapons by a notorious criminal and his family in Kalwa locality here, police said on Monday.
API PB Tupe of Kalwa police station said the two cops had last night gone to Pavan Pada to nab a criminal wanted in a case of house breaking and theft.
As soon as the duo -- AS Waghchoure 27, and Arun K Bhangar (26) reached the residence of accused Uttam Gaikwad (27), they were assaulted with knives, severely injuring them in the abdomen.
The wounded constables have been admitted to Prakruti Hospital at Kalwa and are said to be out of danger, police said.
Police have registered offences under sections 307, 323 rw 34 of the IPC against the accused, his wife Mathura (21) and two other women involved in the attack. A manhunt has been launched to nab them as they are absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video