Two policemen assaulted in Thane
Thane: Two police constables were seriously injured when they were allegedly attacked with sharp weapons by a notorious criminal and his family in Kalwa locality here, police said on Monday.
API PB Tupe of Kalwa police station said the two cops had last night gone to Pavan Pada to nab a criminal wanted in a case of house breaking and theft.
As soon as the duo -- AS Waghchoure 27, and Arun K Bhangar (26) reached the residence of accused Uttam Gaikwad (27), they were assaulted with knives, severely injuring them in the abdomen.
The wounded constables have been admitted to Prakruti Hospital at Kalwa and are said to be out of danger, police said.
Police have registered offences under sections 307, 323 rw 34 of the IPC against the accused, his wife Mathura (21) and two other women involved in the attack. A manhunt has been launched to nab them as they are absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation