Two policemen assaulted in Thane
Thane: Two police constables were seriously injured when they were allegedly attacked with sharp weapons by a notorious criminal and his family in Kalwa locality here, police said on Monday.
API PB Tupe of Kalwa police station said the two cops had last night gone to Pavan Pada to nab a criminal wanted in a case of house breaking and theft.
As soon as the duo -- AS Waghchoure 27, and Arun K Bhangar (26) reached the residence of accused Uttam Gaikwad (27), they were assaulted with knives, severely injuring them in the abdomen.
The wounded constables have been admitted to Prakruti Hospital at Kalwa and are said to be out of danger, police said.
Police have registered offences under sections 307, 323 rw 34 of the IPC against the accused, his wife Mathura (21) and two other women involved in the attack. A manhunt has been launched to nab them as they are absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB