Two robbers held after botched up bid to rob woman
Thane: Two youths escaping in a car after making an unsuccessful bid to rob a woman at Tarapur in the district were injured when their vehicle overturned after a mob gave them a chase, police said on Wednesday.
Afzal Mohd Sultan Shaikh and Saiful Lalbahadur Mallik tried to rob Nirmala Gharat at a gun point when she was walking towards her home at suburban Dahisar on Tuesday afternoon, Assistant Police Inspector Rupsinh Devre of Tarapur police station said.
He said that the accused duo panicked after Gharat resisted their attempt and raised an alarm, following which some bikers in the vicinity chased their Indica car.
The speeding Indica skidded off the road before turning turtle at a bifurcation, Devre said, adding the locals rushed the duo to hospital.
"They were arrested after they were discharged from hospital and were booked under Sections 392 (punishment for robbery) and 394 (voluntarily causing hurt in committing robbery) of the Indian Penal Code and under Section 307 (attempt to murder) and Arms act for trying to run over a teenager who tried to intercept their car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Bizarre! Saudi man sexually assaults maid, wife faces jail