Two robbers held after botched up bid to rob woman
Thane: Two youths escaping in a car after making an unsuccessful bid to rob a woman at Tarapur in the district were injured when their vehicle overturned after a mob gave them a chase, police said on Wednesday.
Afzal Mohd Sultan Shaikh and Saiful Lalbahadur Mallik tried to rob Nirmala Gharat at a gun point when she was walking towards her home at suburban Dahisar on Tuesday afternoon, Assistant Police Inspector Rupsinh Devre of Tarapur police station said.
He said that the accused duo panicked after Gharat resisted their attempt and raised an alarm, following which some bikers in the vicinity chased their Indica car.
The speeding Indica skidded off the road before turning turtle at a bifurcation, Devre said, adding the locals rushed the duo to hospital.
"They were arrested after they were discharged from hospital and were booked under Sections 392 (punishment for robbery) and 394 (voluntarily causing hurt in committing robbery) of the Indian Penal Code and under Section 307 (attempt to murder) and Arms act for trying to run over a teenager who tried to intercept their car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?