Two surrendered Maoist insurgents get married to each other
Gadchiroli: Two surrendered Maoists got married to each other on Tuesday at the police headquarters here in the presence of 27 other surrendered Maoists as well as senior police officials.
Jeevan and Janaki, who had worked in different Maoist platoons until they surrendered before the police, tied the knot in the presence of Special Inspector General of Police Anup Kumar Singh and CRPF Deputy Commandant Kartar Singh.
The bride Renuka alias Janki Fakri Timma (21), a resident of Godri village in Bhamragad taluka used to work as member of the Chetana Natya Manch since March 2009 while the groom Surendra alias Jeevan Ramsay Narote (30), a resident of Made village in Korchi taluka used to be a Maoist platoon commander in 2003.
Both of them had surrendered a few months ago and decided to marry.
The wedding ritual was performed in the traditional Vedic way by a priest especially brought by the police for the occasion.
Dignitaries blessed the couple and extended them their best wishes for their married life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video