Two suspected LeT men arrested in Thane
Mumbai: 2 suspected Lashkar-e-Toiba
operatives have been arrested for allegedly trying to recruit
members for the terror outfit and obtain details of military
and oil installations in Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Gujarat,
ATS chief Rakesh Maria said Monday.
Mohammed Shareef Makhandeen Thakkar (33) and Mohammed Isak Mohammed Rasheed Kumlakh (29), both hailing from Jammu and
Kashmir, were arrested from neighbouring Thane district with
two Tokarev pistols and 13 live cartridges on November 15, he
"During the probe, it was established that the two,
working as oil tanker drivers were trying to recruit members
for the LeT outfit after the instructions from the handlers in
J&K and across the border," he said.
Relevant sections of Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act
were also applied against the two on November 21, he said
adding they were remanded in police custody till December 2.
The duo was also instructed to gather details of oil
installations in Maharashtra, Gujarat and Rajasthan and
military installations in Mumbai, Pune and Aurangabad, the
Maharashtra ATS head said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack