Two suspected Shakeel aides killed in encounter
Mumbai: Two close associates of gangster
Chhota Shakeel were on Thursday allegedly killed in an encounter at
suburban Borivali, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, police laid a trap near Don Bosco
area, where the two alleged gangsters, identified as Imran
Jhingada and Samir, arrived, said Additional Police
Commissioner Deven Bharati.
The duo opened fire at police after being asked to
surrender, police said, adding that in retaliation police too
opened fire, in which Imran and Samir sustained injuries.
The two were rushed to nearby hospital, where they were
declared dead before admission.
Jhingada had about ten cases against him, including
extortion, murder and attempt to murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!