Two women IBM staffers drown at Kashid beach
Alibaug (Maha): Two women employees of IT firm IBM from Pune Sunday drowned at Kashid beach in Raigad district, about 40 km from here, police said.
Pooja Rao (21) and Pavani P (22), both working at the software firm`s IT Park office at Hinjewadi in Pune, were swept away by strong currents at the beach off the Arabian sea, they said.
The victims were part of a group of picnickers comprising six men and nine women, police said, adding, efforts were on to trace the bodies.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Parineeti Chopra wants 'spa-like' personal spaces at her abode
- Nobody came to help while I screamed, says victim of Bengaluru kidnapping case
- Indian Premier League 2016: List of 11 injured players that have been ruled out of remaining tournament
- Kishore Biyani resigns as Managing Director of Future Retail
- I'm against honouring Malala Yousafzai with Nobel Peace Prize: Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar