Two women IBM staffers drown at Kashid beach
Alibaug (Maha): Two women employees of IT firm IBM from Pune Sunday drowned at Kashid beach in Raigad district, about 40 km from here, police said.
Pooja Rao (21) and Pavani P (22), both working at the software firm`s IT Park office at Hinjewadi in Pune, were swept away by strong currents at the beach off the Arabian sea, they said.
The victims were part of a group of picnickers comprising six men and nine women, police said, adding, efforts were on to trace the bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed