Two women IBM staffers drown at Kashid beach
Alibaug (Maha): Two women employees of IT firm IBM from Pune Sunday drowned at Kashid beach in Raigad district, about 40 km from here, police said.
Pooja Rao (21) and Pavani P (22), both working at the software firm`s IT Park office at Hinjewadi in Pune, were swept away by strong currents at the beach off the Arabian sea, they said.
The victims were part of a group of picnickers comprising six men and nine women, police said, adding, efforts were on to trace the bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir