Two women IBM staffers drown at Kashid beach
Alibaug (Maha): Two women employees of IT firm IBM from Pune Sunday drowned at Kashid beach in Raigad district, about 40 km from here, police said.
Pooja Rao (21) and Pavani P (22), both working at the software firm`s IT Park office at Hinjewadi in Pune, were swept away by strong currents at the beach off the Arabian sea, they said.
The victims were part of a group of picnickers comprising six men and nine women, police said, adding, efforts were on to trace the bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees