Two women IBM staffers drown at Kashid beach
Alibaug (Maha): Two women employees of IT firm IBM from Pune Sunday drowned at Kashid beach in Raigad district, about 40 km from here, police said.
Pooja Rao (21) and Pavani P (22), both working at the software firm`s IT Park office at Hinjewadi in Pune, were swept away by strong currents at the beach off the Arabian sea, they said.
The victims were part of a group of picnickers comprising six men and nine women, police said, adding, efforts were on to trace the bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan