Two-year-old dies after being abused by parents
Mumbai: In a chilling reminder of the death of battered baby Falak, another case of a two-year-old who died after being allegedly abused by her parents has come to light in Mumbai.
The postmortem report revealed shocking facts that the baby had sustained injuries all over the body including burns, cuts, branding and swelling.
"We have filed an accidental death report and are awaiting certain reports to proceed with our investigation," said a police officer.
The incident was reported to the local Shahu Nagar police station near Mahim in the city, in March last year.
Police said they received an anonymous call on August three about the incident and seized the body of two-year-old girl Tanaaz while it was being taken for burial.
According to police, baby Tanaaz was first brought to Sion Hospital in March last year by her mother Zeenat. The hospital authorities were told that Tanaaz had fallen from her bed and was not eating well.
During initial check up, the pediatricians found several injuries on Tanaaz`s body which made them take the help of a forensic expert, who reported that the baby was beaten up and her mother`s claim of her falling from the bed was unconvincing.
Few weeks later, when Zeenat again went to the hospital, the doctors noticed that Tanaaz had fresh injuries.
Again in September last year, the baby was brought to hospital, when the police were called, hospital authorities said adding that they (police) just recorded Zeenat`s statement.
Meanwhile, police said they were waiting for certain reports including viscera analysis before taking further action in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it