Two-year-old dies after being abused by parents
Mumbai: In a chilling reminder of the death of battered baby Falak, another case of a two-year-old who died after being allegedly abused by her parents has come to light in Mumbai.
The postmortem report revealed shocking facts that the baby had sustained injuries all over the body including burns, cuts, branding and swelling.
"We have filed an accidental death report and are awaiting certain reports to proceed with our investigation," said a police officer.
The incident was reported to the local Shahu Nagar police station near Mahim in the city, in March last year.
Police said they received an anonymous call on August three about the incident and seized the body of two-year-old girl Tanaaz while it was being taken for burial.
According to police, baby Tanaaz was first brought to Sion Hospital in March last year by her mother Zeenat. The hospital authorities were told that Tanaaz had fallen from her bed and was not eating well.
During initial check up, the pediatricians found several injuries on Tanaaz`s body which made them take the help of a forensic expert, who reported that the baby was beaten up and her mother`s claim of her falling from the bed was unconvincing.
Few weeks later, when Zeenat again went to the hospital, the doctors noticed that Tanaaz had fresh injuries.
Again in September last year, the baby was brought to hospital, when the police were called, hospital authorities said adding that they (police) just recorded Zeenat`s statement.
Meanwhile, police said they were waiting for certain reports including viscera analysis before taking further action in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj