Two youths held for raping minor girls
Nagpur: Two youths were arrested in separate incidents for allegedly raping as many minor girls in the city, police said on Thursday.
In the first incident, the accused Prashant Chanotkar (27) lured a seven-year-old girl to his house yesterday in Godhani area under the pretext of offering her sweets and allegedly sexually assaulted her, they said.
A case under section 376 (punishment for rape) of IPC and under the Criminal Law Amendment Act (2012) and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act was registered against him.
In another incident, the accused Mangesh Ravindra Singh Chavan (24) allegedly entered into sexual relationship with a 16-year-old girl from Godhani Bokara area of the city, on false promise of marrying her, police said.
Police said the girl approached them yesterday after Chavan allegedly reneged on his promise.
He was booked under section 376 of IPC, besides under the Prevention of Atrocities on SC/ST Act, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees