Two youths held for raping minor girls
Nagpur: Two youths were arrested in separate incidents for allegedly raping as many minor girls in the city, police said on Thursday.
In the first incident, the accused Prashant Chanotkar (27) lured a seven-year-old girl to his house yesterday in Godhani area under the pretext of offering her sweets and allegedly sexually assaulted her, they said.
A case under section 376 (punishment for rape) of IPC and under the Criminal Law Amendment Act (2012) and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act was registered against him.
In another incident, the accused Mangesh Ravindra Singh Chavan (24) allegedly entered into sexual relationship with a 16-year-old girl from Godhani Bokara area of the city, on false promise of marrying her, police said.
Police said the girl approached them yesterday after Chavan allegedly reneged on his promise.
He was booked under section 376 of IPC, besides under the Prevention of Atrocities on SC/ST Act, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia