Two youths held for raping minor girls
Nagpur: Two youths were arrested in separate incidents for allegedly raping as many minor girls in the city, police said on Thursday.
In the first incident, the accused Prashant Chanotkar (27) lured a seven-year-old girl to his house yesterday in Godhani area under the pretext of offering her sweets and allegedly sexually assaulted her, they said.
A case under section 376 (punishment for rape) of IPC and under the Criminal Law Amendment Act (2012) and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act was registered against him.
In another incident, the accused Mangesh Ravindra Singh Chavan (24) allegedly entered into sexual relationship with a 16-year-old girl from Godhani Bokara area of the city, on false promise of marrying her, police said.
Police said the girl approached them yesterday after Chavan allegedly reneged on his promise.
He was booked under section 376 of IPC, besides under the Prevention of Atrocities on SC/ST Act, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Hindu community not allowed to exercise its Right to Information in Pakistan, activists protest