Two youths held for raping minor girls
Nagpur: Two youths were arrested in separate incidents for allegedly raping as many minor girls in the city, police said on Thursday.
In the first incident, the accused Prashant Chanotkar (27) lured a seven-year-old girl to his house yesterday in Godhani area under the pretext of offering her sweets and allegedly sexually assaulted her, they said.
A case under section 376 (punishment for rape) of IPC and under the Criminal Law Amendment Act (2012) and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act was registered against him.
In another incident, the accused Mangesh Ravindra Singh Chavan (24) allegedly entered into sexual relationship with a 16-year-old girl from Godhani Bokara area of the city, on false promise of marrying her, police said.
Police said the girl approached them yesterday after Chavan allegedly reneged on his promise.
He was booked under section 376 of IPC, besides under the Prevention of Atrocities on SC/ST Act, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- MS Dhoni to mentor talent with Craig McDermott's cricket academy in Australia
- Gujarat Dalit flogging incident: Four police officials suspended, says Rajnath Singh
- Ireland and France urge quick 'Brexit' from European Union
- Mehbooba Mufti meets families affected by Kashmir violence
- Thousands bid emotional farewell as hockey legend Mohammed Shahid laid to rest