Two youths held for raping minor girls
Nagpur: Two youths were arrested in separate incidents for allegedly raping as many minor girls in the city, police said on Thursday.
In the first incident, the accused Prashant Chanotkar (27) lured a seven-year-old girl to his house yesterday in Godhani area under the pretext of offering her sweets and allegedly sexually assaulted her, they said.
A case under section 376 (punishment for rape) of IPC and under the Criminal Law Amendment Act (2012) and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act was registered against him.
In another incident, the accused Mangesh Ravindra Singh Chavan (24) allegedly entered into sexual relationship with a 16-year-old girl from Godhani Bokara area of the city, on false promise of marrying her, police said.
Police said the girl approached them yesterday after Chavan allegedly reneged on his promise.
He was booked under section 376 of IPC, besides under the Prevention of Atrocities on SC/ST Act, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog