Uddhav faces breach of privilege notice
Mumbai: Maharashtra Minister Narayan Rane
on Monday moved a breach of privilege notice against Shiv Sena
executive president Uddhav Thackeray and party MP Sanjay Raut
for allegedly carrying a malicious news report against him in
Sena mouthpiece `Saamana`.
Rane told the House that he was moving the notice against
Uddhav as a trustee of the newspaper and Raut, who is its
The minister said the paper in its front page news item
on August 3 referred to him in an extremely `derogatory`
manner while reporting the Assembly proceedings.
"Some sentences were deliberately attributed to me. This
amounts to my character assassination," Rane said and appealed
to Speaker Dilip Walse Patil to admit the notice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra