Uddhav faces breach of privilege notice
Mumbai: Maharashtra Minister Narayan Rane
on Monday moved a breach of privilege notice against Shiv Sena
executive president Uddhav Thackeray and party MP Sanjay Raut
for allegedly carrying a malicious news report against him in
Sena mouthpiece `Saamana`.
Rane told the House that he was moving the notice against
Uddhav as a trustee of the newspaper and Raut, who is its
The minister said the paper in its front page news item
on August 3 referred to him in an extremely `derogatory`
manner while reporting the Assembly proceedings.
"Some sentences were deliberately attributed to me. This
amounts to my character assassination," Rane said and appealed
to Speaker Dilip Walse Patil to admit the notice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal