Uddhav faces breach of privilege notice
Mumbai: Maharashtra Minister Narayan Rane
on Monday moved a breach of privilege notice against Shiv Sena
executive president Uddhav Thackeray and party MP Sanjay Raut
for allegedly carrying a malicious news report against him in
Sena mouthpiece `Saamana`.
Rane told the House that he was moving the notice against
Uddhav as a trustee of the newspaper and Raut, who is its
The minister said the paper in its front page news item
on August 3 referred to him in an extremely `derogatory`
manner while reporting the Assembly proceedings.
"Some sentences were deliberately attributed to me. This
amounts to my character assassination," Rane said and appealed
to Speaker Dilip Walse Patil to admit the notice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Vanessa Paradis writes letter defending former partner Johnny Depp?
- Delhi: Africans thrash Ola cabbie for refusing to carry extra passengers
- New Horizons' best close-up of Pluto's surface – Watch!
- SoftBank's investments in India may surpass $10 billion
- Jaitley to 'take India story forward' with Japanese investors