Uddhav formally takes charge as Shiv Sena chief
New Delhi: Uddhav Thackeray formally took charge of the Shiv Sena on Wednesday. The party’s national executive met today to anoint Uddhav and initiate son, Aditya Thackeray into the party fold.
Though the decision was on expected lines, the timing was symbolic as the party is observing the birth anniversary of party founder Bal Thackeray .
Earlier, Uddhav had said, “I am Balasaheb`s son. He brought the party to this level. I assure you that I will take Shiv Sena one step ahead than my father."
More details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption