Uddhav formally takes charge as Shiv Sena chief
New Delhi: Uddhav Thackeray formally took charge of the Shiv Sena on Wednesday. The party’s national executive met today to anoint Uddhav and initiate son, Aditya Thackeray into the party fold.
Though the decision was on expected lines, the timing was symbolic as the party is observing the birth anniversary of party founder Bal Thackeray .
Earlier, Uddhav had said, “I am Balasaheb`s son. He brought the party to this level. I assure you that I will take Shiv Sena one step ahead than my father."
More details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday