Uddhav formally takes charge as Shiv Sena chief
New Delhi: Uddhav Thackeray formally took charge of the Shiv Sena on Wednesday. The party’s national executive met today to anoint Uddhav and initiate son, Aditya Thackeray into the party fold.
Though the decision was on expected lines, the timing was symbolic as the party is observing the birth anniversary of party founder Bal Thackeray .
Earlier, Uddhav had said, “I am Balasaheb`s son. He brought the party to this level. I assure you that I will take Shiv Sena one step ahead than my father."
More details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...