Uddhav formally takes charge as Shiv Sena chief
New Delhi: Uddhav Thackeray formally took charge of the Shiv Sena on Wednesday. The party’s national executive met today to anoint Uddhav and initiate son, Aditya Thackeray into the party fold.
Though the decision was on expected lines, the timing was symbolic as the party is observing the birth anniversary of party founder Bal Thackeray .
Earlier, Uddhav had said, “I am Balasaheb`s son. He brought the party to this level. I assure you that I will take Shiv Sena one step ahead than my father."
More details are awaited.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!