Uddhav, Raut faces breach of privilege notice
Mumbai: Maharashtra Industries Minister
Narayan Rane on Monday moved a breach of privilege notice against
Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray and party MP
Sanjay Raut for allegedly carrying a malicious news report
against him in the Sena mouthpiece `Saamana` last week.
Rane told the Legislative Assembly that he was moving the
privilege notice against Uddhav as a trustee of the newspaper
and Raut, who is its executive editor.
The minister said the paper in its front page news item
on August 3 referred to him in an extremely `derogatory`
manner while reporting on a assembly proceeding pertaining to
"Some sentences were deliberately attributed to me. This
amounts to my character assassination," Rane said and appealed
to Speaker Dilip Walse Patil to admit the notice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning