Uddhav, Raut faces breach of privilege notice
Mumbai: Maharashtra Industries Minister
Narayan Rane on Monday moved a breach of privilege notice against
Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray and party MP
Sanjay Raut for allegedly carrying a malicious news report
against him in the Sena mouthpiece `Saamana` last week.
Rane told the Legislative Assembly that he was moving the
privilege notice against Uddhav as a trustee of the newspaper
and Raut, who is its executive editor.
The minister said the paper in its front page news item
on August 3 referred to him in an extremely `derogatory`
manner while reporting on a assembly proceeding pertaining to
"Some sentences were deliberately attributed to me. This
amounts to my character assassination," Rane said and appealed
to Speaker Dilip Walse Patil to admit the notice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa