Uddhav, Raut faces breach of privilege notice
Mumbai: Maharashtra Industries Minister
Narayan Rane on Monday moved a breach of privilege notice against
Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray and party MP
Sanjay Raut for allegedly carrying a malicious news report
against him in the Sena mouthpiece `Saamana` last week.
Rane told the Legislative Assembly that he was moving the
privilege notice against Uddhav as a trustee of the newspaper
and Raut, who is its executive editor.
The minister said the paper in its front page news item
on August 3 referred to him in an extremely `derogatory`
manner while reporting on a assembly proceeding pertaining to
"Some sentences were deliberately attributed to me. This
amounts to my character assassination," Rane said and appealed
to Speaker Dilip Walse Patil to admit the notice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why