Uddhav, Raut faces breach of privilege notice
Mumbai: Maharashtra Industries Minister
Narayan Rane on Monday moved a breach of privilege notice against
Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray and party MP
Sanjay Raut for allegedly carrying a malicious news report
against him in the Sena mouthpiece `Saamana` last week.
Rane told the Legislative Assembly that he was moving the
privilege notice against Uddhav as a trustee of the newspaper
and Raut, who is its executive editor.
The minister said the paper in its front page news item
on August 3 referred to him in an extremely `derogatory`
manner while reporting on a assembly proceeding pertaining to
"Some sentences were deliberately attributed to me. This
amounts to my character assassination," Rane said and appealed
to Speaker Dilip Walse Patil to admit the notice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire