Uddhav, Raut faces breach of privilege notice
Mumbai: Maharashtra Industries Minister
Narayan Rane on Monday moved a breach of privilege notice against
Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray and party MP
Sanjay Raut for allegedly carrying a malicious news report
against him in the Sena mouthpiece `Saamana` last week.
Rane told the Legislative Assembly that he was moving the
privilege notice against Uddhav as a trustee of the newspaper
and Raut, who is its executive editor.
The minister said the paper in its front page news item
on August 3 referred to him in an extremely `derogatory`
manner while reporting on a assembly proceeding pertaining to
"Some sentences were deliberately attributed to me. This
amounts to my character assassination," Rane said and appealed
to Speaker Dilip Walse Patil to admit the notice.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India