Uddhav recovering after angioplasty, CM calls on him
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Saturday called on Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray, who underwent an angioplasty procedure yesterday.
Chavan visited Uddhav at Lilavati Hospital in suburban Bandra after returning from Nagpur and inquired about his health, an official statement said here.
Uddhav`s wife Rashmi and other family members were present.
Meanwhile, Sena leader and Rajya Sabha MP Sanjay Raut told PTI that Uddhav was recuperating well.
"He is OK and out of ICU," Raut said.
The 52-years-old Uddhav Thackeray underwent a two-hour angioplasty procedure after doctors found blockages in his arteries.
He is expected to be discharged from the hospital in a couple of days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre