Uddhav recovering after angioplasty, CM calls on him
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Saturday called on Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray, who underwent an angioplasty procedure yesterday.
Chavan visited Uddhav at Lilavati Hospital in suburban Bandra after returning from Nagpur and inquired about his health, an official statement said here.
Uddhav`s wife Rashmi and other family members were present.
Meanwhile, Sena leader and Rajya Sabha MP Sanjay Raut told PTI that Uddhav was recuperating well.
"He is OK and out of ICU," Raut said.
The 52-years-old Uddhav Thackeray underwent a two-hour angioplasty procedure after doctors found blockages in his arteries.
He is expected to be discharged from the hospital in a couple of days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley