Uddhav ridicules BJP, RPI leaders for overtures to Raj
Mumbai: Ridiculing the "overtures" by BJP and RPI leaders to bring MNS chief Raj Thackeray into the Sena-BJP-RPI alliance, Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray today said that is not what the people of Maharashtra want.
"People want to defeat Congress. However, they don`t want a "tasteless" khichdi. They want a stable government and the Sena-led alliance has that capability," Uddhav said, in an editorial in the party mouthpiece Saamana.
"Nitin Gadkari, Gopinath Munde, Devendra Fadnavis and now Ramdas Athawale have all invited MNS to be a part of our grand alliance," he said.
Evoking the example of tainted cricketer Sreesanth, Uddhav said, "In politics, nobody is a sant (saint). Everyone is taking care of his selfish interests through betting and fixing. But Sreesanth`s case has shown what undue haste and greed do to you."
The grand alliance of Shiv Sena-Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-Republican Party of India (RPI) was working well and there was no need to include a fourth constituent, he said.
Uddhav advised Gadkari and Athawale to first set their own houses in order, indirectly asking Gadkari to "bridge" differences with Munde and also telling Athawale to patch up with RPI factions. It would also be better if Narendra Modi patched up with Advani and Nitish Kumar, he said.
Gadkari recently declared that he would not rest till he brought the Thackeray cousins together and convinced the MNS to join the Sena-BJP-RPI grand alliance. Athawale also invited Raj to join the alliance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH