Uddhav slams Chidambaram for "saffron terrorism" remarks
Mumbai: The Shiv Sena on Sunday slammed Home
Minister P Chidambaram for his alleged remarks on "saffron
terrorism", saying he had better do something about the threat
from China and Pakistan instead.
"When the country is under threat from China and
Pakistan, Chidambaram is not doing anything about it. Instead,
he is looking for saffron terrorism," Sena Executive President
Uddhav Thackeray said addressing a Dusshera Rally at Shivaji
"Yes, we have a saffron flag and Chhatrapati Shivaji
Maharaj gave it to us. Saffron is the colour of revolt," he
Noting that terrorism does not have any colour, Uddhav
accused the Centre of suffering from a bias over the issue.
"We never said free Pragya Singh Thakur, but you treated
her badly. Then why Kasab is not being treated in a similar
fashion," he said, adding, Parliament terror attack convict
Afzal Guru too is yet to be hanged despite being held guilty
by the Supreme Court.
On criticism over Sena putting pressure on Mumbai
University to withdraw Rohinton Mistry`s book `Such A Long
Journey` from the syllabus for allegedly containing derogatory
remarks against the party, he said Sena had only commented
that such books should not have been included in college
"These books are meant to be sold on railway stalls and
not taught to students. Those criticising our stand should
also seek re-introduction of the portions dealing with Afzal
Khan`s killing by Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj in the
curriculum," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi