Uddhav slams police for `failing` to crack Dabholkar murder
Nashik: Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray on Wednesday criticised police for "failing" to crack the murder of rationalist Narendra Dabholkar who was shot dead by unidentified assailants in Pune last year.
"Even one year after Dabholkar`s murder, his killers are roaming free as police have failed to trace them," Uddhav said while addressing a rally of Sena workers at Ghoti village near here.
Dabholkar, who spearheaded the anti-superstition movement in Maharashtra, was gunned down while on a morning walk on August 20, 2013 in Pune. After the local police failed to deliver, the case was transferred to the CBI in May this year.
Uddhav also reiterated his endorsement of RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat`s "Hindutva" remarks, saying, "I am a staunch Hindu...Hindustan belongs to Hindus."
The Sena president also attacked ruling Congress-NCP combine for "failing to address" severe water scarcity in Marathwada region. "We will develop Maharashtra on all counts if voted to power in upcoming Assembly elections," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof