Uddhav slams UPA for poor handling of Kashmir issue
Mumbai: Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray on Friday termed handling of unrest in Kashmir by UPA government as a cowardly act. "The UPA Government is just holding discussions on the Kashmir issue. I think its a cowardly act," Uddhav said at launch of a website on his grandfather and social reformist Prabodhankar Thackeray here on Friday.
Uddhav said the citizens are fed up of these hollow talks and there is need to convey this message to the government. On allegation about his family being outsider Uddhav said
Prabodhankar was born in neighbouring Panvel and not in Madhya Pradesh.
"The website has specifically mentioned that Prabodhankar was born in Panvel. Is Panvel in Madhya Pradesh?" he asked. He refused to comment on Ayodhya title suit scheduled to be pronounced on September 24.
"Let the verdict come.We have faith in judiciary and god. everything would be all right," he said. The website would give all information on Prabodhankar to make the young generation aware of his works, a release from Sena said. The site would contain books written by him, his unpublished articles, biography in English and Hindi and also
material written on him.
It would also carry interviews of Prabodhankar`s contemporaries, clippings from cinemas he acted in and wallpapers. Prabodhankar.com website would be launched on September 17 at Dadar in central Mumbai in presence of Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray, Dalit poet Namdeo Dhasal, senior Sena leaders Manohar Joshi and Sudhir Joshi, a Sena release said here.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory