Uddhav Thackeray asks govt to step-in on report of youths joining ISIS
Mumbai: Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray on Monday asked the Maharashtra government to act on a media report that four youths from the region are believed to have joined militants in Iraq.
"The newspaper report is a very serious issue and the state government should take appropriate action in the matter. The government also kept quiet in the Ishrat Jahan (encounter case) matter. Will the state government act in this case at least?" Uddhav asked.
He was referring to a newspaper report which stated that four youngsters from the Mumbai region are believed to have joined the ISIS militants to fight government forces in Iraq.
Uddhav was talking to reporters at his party office in suburban Mumbai after welcoming Kishor Kanhere, a close aide of NCP stalwart and PWD minister Chhagan Bhujbal from the Vidarbha region, into the Shiv Sena today.
Putting rumours of Bhujbal joining the Sena to rest, Thackeray said, "The entry of all those who had troubled the Sena chief (Bal Thackeray) is banned in Shiv Sena."
Thackeray further said that he will formally induct Deepak Kesarkar, the NCP MLA from Sawantwadi in Sindhudurg district, into the party next month.
"I have had a talk with Kesarkar and he will be formally joining the party in the first week of August. I will myself be visiting the Sawantwadi region in August and induct him and all his supporters in the party," he said.
Kesarkar, whose diatribe against state minister and Congress strongman Narayan Rane had caused a huge embarrassment to top party leadership in run-up to Lok Sabha polls, had yesterday announced his decision to cross over to Shiv Sena ahead of upcoming Assembly elections.
Kesarkar had accused Industries Minister Narayan Rane of promoting "goondaism and one-upmanship" as far as running the political affairs in the coastal district is concerned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'