Uddhav Thackeray discharged from hospital after angioplasty
Mumbai: Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray was Tuesday discharged from Lilavati Hospital here after undergoing a second angioplasty Sunday, party officials said.
Uddhav, 52, underwent his first angioplasty in the same hospital July 20 and all three blockages in his artery were successfully removed after a surgery of nearly three hours.
The second procedure, a slightly simpler one, was conducted Sunday and lasted around 45 minutes.
He was advised the angioplasty following complaints of severe chest pain. After the first procedure, the doctors had found multi-vessel blockages and suggested the second procedure. A third angioplasty is likely to be conducted after three months, party sources said.
Singer Lata Mangeshkar and Shiv Sena leader Manohar Joshi were among those who visited Uddhav in hospital. Lata Mangeshkar also visited Bal Thackeray at his residence in suburban Bandra in northwest Mumbai as he has been unwell for the past few months.
The implications of Uddhav`s health condition are a matter of concern for his family and the Shiv Sena as well as its allies, the Bharatiya Janata Party and Republican Party of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani