Uddhav Thackeray had chest pain since four days
Mumbai: Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray had been suffering from chest pain since Friday before he was rushed to Bandra`s Lilavati Hospital Monday, party mouthpiece Saamna said here Tuesday.
Shortly after he was admitted, a team of senior cardiologists subjected Uddhav to a variety of tests, including stress test and 2D Echo test.
Later, he was advised an angiography by cardiologist Samuel Mathew of the hospital.
However, it is not known whether Uddhav had been on medication prior to his day-long sojourn in the hospital.
His health condition had apparently been kept under wraps since top leaders of the party, whom IANS spoke to Monday, were taken completely by surprise and dropped everything to rush to the hospital.
After the angiography, cardiac team member Jalil Parkar gave the green signal, saying Uddhav was fine and there was no cause for worry.
Besides Mathew and Parkar, the team attending on the patient comprised Ajit Menon, Omprakash Jaiswal, Prakash Jindani and Samad Ansari.
A ray of hope came in the form of Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray later in the morning.
The ailing Uddhav greeted his estranged cousin warmly by shaking hands with him when the latter rushed from Raigad to meet him (Uddhav) along with his entire family Monday.
"How are you feeling? Don`t worry, just take rest," was how Raj, president of the rival Maharashtra Navnirman Sena responded to Uddhav`s gesture, according to the party mouthpiece `Saamna` here Tuesday.
Raj remained with Uddhav throughout the morning and comforted his anxious relatives and family members and was present during the angiography.
Later, after a couple of hours, he returned to the hospital and had detailed discussions with the medicos on Uddhav`s medical condition and the future course of action.
In a magnanimous gesture subsequently, Raj personally drove Uddhav`s vehicle from Bandra (West) to Bandra (East), a two km distance and dropped his cousin home, all the while the duo chatted away happily during the short ride to `Matoshri`.
They were accorded a ceremonial welcome at `Matoshri` and afterwards, ageing Sena Chief Bal Thackeray blessed both Uddhav and Raj.
Raj departed after having coffee with the Thackeray family from whom he had separated nearly six years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth