Uddhav Thackeray ridicules Mumbai Police over terror alert
Mumbai: Shiv Sena on Friday ridiculed the city
police for only releasing photographs of the terrorists who
have sneaked into the metropolis, but not arresting them.
"How come every time police get passport size photos of
terrorists, but fail to arrest them. I think they have opened
a passport photo shop," Shiv Sena Executive President Uddhav
Thackeray said while talking to reporters here.
He also objected to information released by the police
about suspected terrorists before festivals.
"Why this information is released before the festival
season? Are people suppose to celebrate or keep searching for
the terrorists?" the Sena leader asked.
Uddhav pointed out that photographs of two suspected
terrorists were released by the police in September ahead of
Ganesh festival, but no one knows what happened after that.
Four members of Pakistan-based terror outfit
Lashkar-e-Taiba have sneaked into the metropolis recently to
carry out "violent" attacks with the aim of causing
"destruction", police said yesterday.
Police also released the photograph of one of them and
issued an advisory to the citizens to remain alert, and said
attacked were being planned in connection with possibly the
upcoming Christmas and New Year`s festivities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands