Uddhav Thackeray wants permit system for Biharis in Mumbai
Mumbai: Outdoing his cousin Raj, Shiv Sena working president Uddhav Thackeray on Tuesday said that a permit system be implemented for Biharis who want to live and work in Mumbai.
Raj Thackeray had last week threatened to brand Biharis as "infiltrators" and force them out of Maharashtra if authorities in Bihar take legal action against Mumbai policemen who picked up one Abdul Qadir – in connection with Azad Maidan violence - from Sitamarhi district without informing their counterparts in that state, evoking a sharp rebuff from Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
Kumar said the action was unjustified as there was a procedure laid down by the union home ministry that the police of a state must inform local police and seek its cooperation for arrest of an accused from other state
However, Uddhav has backed Raj, he said that if the Mumbai police need Bihar government`s permission to act then we should implement the permit system for people coming from the state to Mumbai and Maharashtra.
The estranged cousins have come closer over the last few months, especially after Raj was seen by Uddhav’s side when the latter was admitted to hospital for a heart surgery.
In an interview to Shiv Sena mouthpiece Saamna, Uddhav said that instead of questioning Mumbai Police, Nitish Kumar should have congratulated them for their action as the arrest had prevented Qadir from fomenting more trouble in that state.
He also termed Bihar chief secretary’s letter to the state government as `meddling in law and order issues`. Defending city police, he said, "There was no need for the Bihar chief secretary to meddle in the affairs of Mumbai police and he should focus more on his state`s administration."
Terming Qaidur as a traitor, Uddhav said, “Even God cannot save this country if political boundaries are going to come in the way of arresting a terrorist from Bihar.
In an interview to the DNA newspaper, Uddhav said that on August 11 Bangladeshis and pro-Pakistan Muslims ran amok over Assam violence.
“The Mumbai Police did a good job by nabbing the accused in Bihar. The Bihar government must have kept quiet or taken a strict stand against violence. However, they got a bout of love for Bihar and warned our policemen,” he said.
On the stand taken by Nitish Kumar and Congress leader Digvijay Singh, he said, “These useless people have ruined the country for vote-bank politics. The focus was unnecessarily diverted from Bangladeshis as the perpetrators to (a fight) between Maharashtrians and Biharis. The Bangladeshi infiltrators must be laughing at how two sections of our countrymen are at each others’ throats.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly