Uddhav Thackeray won`t celebrate 53rd birthday today
Mumbai: Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray will not celebrate his 53rd birthday here on Saturday in deference to his late father.
"This year, I am not going to celebrate my birthday in any manner, Shiv Sainiks please take note," Thackeray had said in a personalised statement here on Monday in the party mouthpiece `Saamana`.
Thackeray had added that the party workers have still not recovered from the demise of its supremo, Bal Thackeray, last November.
Besides, last month, landslides and floods had killed thousands and turned many places into ruins in Uttarakhand, he further pointed out.
"Under such circumstances, how is it possible for me to celebrate my birthday? Instead, I urge my well-wishers to work towards achieving Bal Thackeray`s dream of flying the party flag atop Maharashtra Legislature (capture power in the next elections)," Thackeray said.
The Shiv Sena usually celebrates the birthdays of its top leaders in style with rallies, public events, distribution of sweets and other social-cultural programmes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack