Uddhav Thackeray won`t celebrate 53rd birthday today
Mumbai: Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray will not celebrate his 53rd birthday here on Saturday in deference to his late father.
"This year, I am not going to celebrate my birthday in any manner, Shiv Sainiks please take note," Thackeray had said in a personalised statement here on Monday in the party mouthpiece `Saamana`.
Thackeray had added that the party workers have still not recovered from the demise of its supremo, Bal Thackeray, last November.
Besides, last month, landslides and floods had killed thousands and turned many places into ruins in Uttarakhand, he further pointed out.
"Under such circumstances, how is it possible for me to celebrate my birthday? Instead, I urge my well-wishers to work towards achieving Bal Thackeray`s dream of flying the party flag atop Maharashtra Legislature (capture power in the next elections)," Thackeray said.
The Shiv Sena usually celebrates the birthdays of its top leaders in style with rallies, public events, distribution of sweets and other social-cultural programmes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley