Uddhav to avoid birthday celebrations
Mumbai: Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray, who turns 52 today, will not be celebrating his birthday, a party spokesperson said.
"People from the state are facing drought, therefore it is not appropriate to celebrate birthday," Uddhav was quoted as saying in his party mouthpiece `Saamana` today.
The Sena leader recently underwent an angioplasty to remove three blockages in his arteries at the Lilavati hospital while his father Bal Thackeray is also recuperating currently in the same hospital.
"He (Uddhav) is well, but won`t be celebrating the birthday because of drought in the state and also because of his health issues," party spokesman Sanjay Raut said.
"He will not be meeting anybody today," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed