Uddhav to be formally made Shiv Sena president on Jan 23
Mumbai: Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray will be formally elected as party president in the national executive meeting to be held on January 23, party sources said.
"Uddhavji, who is now overseeing the work of Shiv Sena as executive president, will be elected as party president," a party functionary close to Thackeray told a news agency.
The decision to this effect would be taken in the national executive meeting slated to be held on January 23 at the Shiv Sena Bhawan, party`s headquarters at Dadar in central Mumbai.
Even after Uddhav being made the Sena chief, party patriarch Balasaheb Thackeray will be called as Shiv Sena `pramukh`.
"Uddhavji had earlier stated that party `pramukh` will be Balasaheb," he said.
In an interview in party mouthpiece `Saamana` last month, Uddhav had categorically stated that no one can replace Bal Thackeray as Shiv Sena `Pramukh`.
"Bal Thackeray will continue to remain the party supremo," he had said.
"All the guidelines to elect Uddhav Thackeray as party president will be followed as per the directions from the Election Commission (EC)," the party source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security