Uddhav to be formally made Shiv Sena president on Jan 23
Mumbai: Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray will be formally elected as party president in the national executive meeting to be held on January 23, party sources said.
"Uddhavji, who is now overseeing the work of Shiv Sena as executive president, will be elected as party president," a party functionary close to Thackeray told a news agency.
The decision to this effect would be taken in the national executive meeting slated to be held on January 23 at the Shiv Sena Bhawan, party`s headquarters at Dadar in central Mumbai.
Even after Uddhav being made the Sena chief, party patriarch Balasaheb Thackeray will be called as Shiv Sena `pramukh`.
"Uddhavji had earlier stated that party `pramukh` will be Balasaheb," he said.
In an interview in party mouthpiece `Saamana` last month, Uddhav had categorically stated that no one can replace Bal Thackeray as Shiv Sena `Pramukh`.
"Bal Thackeray will continue to remain the party supremo," he had said.
"All the guidelines to elect Uddhav Thackeray as party president will be followed as per the directions from the Election Commission (EC)," the party source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Virat Kohli plays straight without compromising technique: Sachin Tendulkar
- PMO monitoring social media activity of ministers, tutoring them to efficiently use Twitter, Facebook: Report
- Kaka called up for Brazil's Centenary Copa America squad
- I see every day as a new day: Virat Kohli on his dream run
- Facebook's new ad cookies targets everyone!