Uddhav to meet party workers during Dec 3-16
Mumbai: Over a fortnight after his father`s death, Shiv Sena Executive President Uddhav Thackeray will embark on a series of meetings with party workers and functionaries in Mumbai, Thane and other parts of Maharashtra.
The meetings will take place from December 3 to 16.
"Uddhav Thackeray will hold closed door meetings, half of them outside Mumbai. The meetings are a part of Uddhav`s efforts to reach out to the Sena cadres," sources close to the Sena leader said today.
"During the days preceding and following Bal Thackeray`s demise, only about 100 to 150 people could meet him in Matoshree (his bungalow in suburban Bandra). Scores came, but could not meet their leader," the sources said.
In an attempt to re-affirm Sena`s ties with rural Maharashtra, Uddhav would be addressing meetings in Kolhapur, Nashik, Ratnagiri, Aurangabad, Nagpur and Thane.
The meetings would be attended by the Sena`s taluka and district heads, respective legislators and MPs and candidates during the previous elections, the sources said.
There would be no public rally.
In Mumbai, Uddhav would hold a meeting each in the six Lok Sabha constituencies, the sources said. The exercise would be over a day before completion of a month since Thackeray`s demise on November 17, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out Iulia Vantur’s latest Instagram post after statement clarifying marriage to Salman Khan
- IPL 2016, RCB vs GL: Challenge for Suresh Raina & Co to stop Virat Kohli's phenomenal run-scoring spree
- Check www.gseb.org for 10th result 2016: GSEB SSC result 2016 declared
- Cassini climbs over Saturn's poles and captures this stunning image - See pic!
- Shocking! Four out of five women are harassed in public places in India, finds survey