Uddhav to meet party workers during Dec 3-16
Mumbai: Over a fortnight after his father`s death, Shiv Sena Executive President Uddhav Thackeray will embark on a series of meetings with party workers and functionaries in Mumbai, Thane and other parts of Maharashtra.
The meetings will take place from December 3 to 16.
"Uddhav Thackeray will hold closed door meetings, half of them outside Mumbai. The meetings are a part of Uddhav`s efforts to reach out to the Sena cadres," sources close to the Sena leader said today.
"During the days preceding and following Bal Thackeray`s demise, only about 100 to 150 people could meet him in Matoshree (his bungalow in suburban Bandra). Scores came, but could not meet their leader," the sources said.
In an attempt to re-affirm Sena`s ties with rural Maharashtra, Uddhav would be addressing meetings in Kolhapur, Nashik, Ratnagiri, Aurangabad, Nagpur and Thane.
The meetings would be attended by the Sena`s taluka and district heads, respective legislators and MPs and candidates during the previous elections, the sources said.
There would be no public rally.
In Mumbai, Uddhav would hold a meeting each in the six Lok Sabha constituencies, the sources said. The exercise would be over a day before completion of a month since Thackeray`s demise on November 17, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh