Uddhav`s remarks indicate Sena is happy with our govt: NCP
Mumbai: Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray`s remarks at his party`s Dussehra rally indicate that the Bal Thackeray-led party was happy with the functioning of the Congress-NCP coalition government in Maharashtra, NCP said on Thursday.
"Uddhav Thackeray has said that his party wants Prithviraj Chavan to continue as Chief Minister. This makes it clear that they are happy with the state government`s work," state NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik told reporters here.
When Uddhav praised Chavan for good work, it also meant that the coalition government is doing good work under the leadership of Chavan, he said.
The Sharad Pawar-led party will undertake programmes for the multi-linguistic populace in the state, Malik said.
"Forums for senior citizens and multi-lingual populace will be formed by NCP, on the lines of the party`s women`s wing to strengthen the organisation," he added.
Pawar recently commented, "Maharashtra is a multicultural and multilingual state. In Mumbai, communities speaking different languages have been living for ages. Only 27 percent of the total population of the city is Marathi speaking. Other communities have lived there peacefully and contributed for the progress of the state."
The remarks were flayed by Uddhav at the Sena rally here yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- SC asks Haryana Police to finish AIPMT paper leak probe