Unauthorised building collapses in Thane, at least ten dead
Thane: An under-construction building collapsed in Thane on Thursday killing at least ten people, including a pregnant woman and injuring more than 55. The incident happened at around 6:30 pm.
The building was in Shil Dhaigar locality of Thane and was occupied up to at least the fourth floor.
A massive rescue operation was underway, and by late night, ten bodies had been recovered from the debris. The victims were yet to be identified, officials said.
Municipal Commissioner RA Rajeev and District Collector P Velarasu were supervising the relief operations.
The injured have been shifted to various hospitals in the city.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened