Unauthorised building collapses in Thane, at least ten dead
Thane: An under-construction building collapsed in Thane on Thursday killing at least ten people, including a pregnant woman and injuring more than 55. The incident happened at around 6:30 pm.
The building was in Shil Dhaigar locality of Thane and was occupied up to at least the fourth floor.
A massive rescue operation was underway, and by late night, ten bodies had been recovered from the debris. The victims were yet to be identified, officials said.
Municipal Commissioner RA Rajeev and District Collector P Velarasu were supervising the relief operations.
The injured have been shifted to various hospitals in the city.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!