Unauthorised building collapses in Thane, at least ten dead
Thane: An under-construction building collapsed in Thane on Thursday killing at least ten people, including a pregnant woman and injuring more than 55. The incident happened at around 6:30 pm.
The building was in Shil Dhaigar locality of Thane and was occupied up to at least the fourth floor.
A massive rescue operation was underway, and by late night, ten bodies had been recovered from the debris. The victims were yet to be identified, officials said.
Municipal Commissioner RA Rajeev and District Collector P Velarasu were supervising the relief operations.
The injured have been shifted to various hospitals in the city.
With PTI inputs
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?