Unauthorised building collapses in Thane, at least ten dead
Thane: An under-construction building collapsed in Thane on Thursday killing at least ten people, including a pregnant woman and injuring more than 55. The incident happened at around 6:30 pm.
The building was in Shil Dhaigar locality of Thane and was occupied up to at least the fourth floor.
A massive rescue operation was underway, and by late night, ten bodies had been recovered from the debris. The victims were yet to be identified, officials said.
Municipal Commissioner RA Rajeev and District Collector P Velarasu were supervising the relief operations.
The injured have been shifted to various hospitals in the city.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends