Unauthorised offices of political parties razed in Thane
Thane: Unauthorised offices of various political parties were on Saturday demolished by Thane Municipal Corporation following a directive by the Bombay High Court.
Nine out of the 22 illegal offices of different political outfits were razed today in the first phase, the corporation said in a release.
The offices belonged to Shiv Sena, Congress, RPI, BJP, NCP, MNS among others.
In some cases, party functionaries themselves pulled down the offices.
A big posse of policemen including a DCP, 3 ACPs, 12 PIs and PSIs and over 200 police personnel helped in the operation, the corporation said.
The High Court had recently asked the corporation to demolish unauthorised offices of political parties in the city while hearing a petition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?