Unauthorised offices of political parties razed in Thane
Thane: Unauthorised offices of various political parties were on Saturday demolished by Thane Municipal Corporation following a directive by the Bombay High Court.
Nine out of the 22 illegal offices of different political outfits were razed today in the first phase, the corporation said in a release.
The offices belonged to Shiv Sena, Congress, RPI, BJP, NCP, MNS among others.
In some cases, party functionaries themselves pulled down the offices.
A big posse of policemen including a DCP, 3 ACPs, 12 PIs and PSIs and over 200 police personnel helped in the operation, the corporation said.
The High Court had recently asked the corporation to demolish unauthorised offices of political parties in the city while hearing a petition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- CPI(M) Kashmir criticises DG CRPF for his comment on pellet guns
- Anil Kapoor opens up about kissing scene in '24'! – Read more
- ZTE launches two new smartphones – Blade V6, Axon Mini
- Devas-Antrix deal: International tribunal rules against India
- Heavy rains lash Uttar Pradesh; thunder showers predicted