Unauthorised offices of political parties razed in Thane
Thane: Unauthorised offices of various political parties were on Saturday demolished by Thane Municipal Corporation following a directive by the Bombay High Court.
Nine out of the 22 illegal offices of different political outfits were razed today in the first phase, the corporation said in a release.
The offices belonged to Shiv Sena, Congress, RPI, BJP, NCP, MNS among others.
In some cases, party functionaries themselves pulled down the offices.
A big posse of policemen including a DCP, 3 ACPs, 12 PIs and PSIs and over 200 police personnel helped in the operation, the corporation said.
The High Court had recently asked the corporation to demolish unauthorised offices of political parties in the city while hearing a petition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai