Unauthorised offices of political parties razed in Thane
Thane: Unauthorised offices of various political parties were on Saturday demolished by Thane Municipal Corporation following a directive by the Bombay High Court.
Nine out of the 22 illegal offices of different political outfits were razed today in the first phase, the corporation said in a release.
The offices belonged to Shiv Sena, Congress, RPI, BJP, NCP, MNS among others.
In some cases, party functionaries themselves pulled down the offices.
A big posse of policemen including a DCP, 3 ACPs, 12 PIs and PSIs and over 200 police personnel helped in the operation, the corporation said.
The High Court had recently asked the corporation to demolish unauthorised offices of political parties in the city while hearing a petition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest